Quail Run is dedicated to providing each student the opportunity to maximize their learning potential by supporting a safe and healthy school environment through our health and nutrition programs.
Continued reinforcement of health and nutrition education provides the foundation for students to gain the critical skills needed to adopt, practice, and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Quail Run Nurse's Office
Our school health program has several comprehensive goals:
- To effectively deal with acute illness and accidents that occur at school
- To provide mandated screening and immunization monitoring
- To provide a system of identifying health problems that may impact the learning process and to accommodate for them
- To provide comprehensive and appropriate health education
- To provide a healthful and safe school environment
The Health Center at school is not a primary care facility like a doctor’s office and may not be used as such because the nurse is not allowed by law to make a medical diagnosis, prescribe treatment, or administrator medication without a doctor’s order. First aid and medical care provided by the school nurse are primarily for illnesses or injuries that occur during the school day. School is a healthy environment. The nurse’s major responsibility is to maintain that environment and give each child the best opportunity to learn and reach his/her full potential through health education, health assessments, identification of health problems, the making of appropriate referrals, and follow-up, and altering the school environment to meet special health needs.
Quail Run Elementary School participates in the National School Breakfast and Lunch programs, which helps to foster nutritious eating habits.